Sunday 22 March 2015

Black and White Studio

This term at college we have been looking at studio portraiture. We first practiced with other class members, changing backdrops and lighting and using filters. We then had to choose our own model and book a slot in the studio to take a mixture of digital and film photographs.

I used my daughter as a model because, being 16, she doesn't mind posing in front of the camera!

Here are a few (of the many) photos I took with my Nikon DSLR...




I did like shooting in the studio but if I'm honest I much prefer being outside in the natural light. I did love the film developing process though and being in the darkroom on my own was very relaxing, I hope I get the chance to do some more in the future.

This post is linked with #BWphotoproject


 photo 4d06e438-4e6a-4f3b-88b2-0c1093350397_zps361ad0e9.jpg


4 comments:

  1. The Mother says - I am loving the lighting in the second photo but they are all lovely photos. Your daughter has got the most beautiful skin :) #bwphotoproject

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you, she is always worrying about her skin!

      Delete
  2. I like the second photo best - a timeless classic (and a beautiful daughter) #bwphotoproject

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...