Friday 28 March 2014

Word of the week - Vacillating


This week has been pretty average, I haven't done much out of the ordinary, although I did take another school trip to The London transport museum (I went last week) with year 4.

My mood has been a bit up and down, I've felt quite positive about certain things and decisions I have made, but then when thinking of the future I'm wondering when its ever going to improve, it just feels like I'm living from month to month and time is going by so fast without much changing...sometimes being optimistic is hard work!

I have chosen the word Vacillating as it means to fluctuate in ones opinions, be indecisive. For your information the word vacillating comes from 1590-1600 Latin vacillatus meaning to sway to and fro.

This post is linked up to #wotw over at the reading residence


The Reading Residence

9 comments:

  1. I have to admit I didnt know what the word meant when I saw it, Im heading to London on Sunday till Tuesday and was thinking of visiting the transport museum with my 3 year old #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know what it meant either! Lol. Seen as I've been to the transport museum twice in the past week I think I might do a post about it, will let you know when I have :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *went to google the word*

    oh that is what vacillating mean =P

    I know how it feels. Sunshine and rain. I also feel like that lately. I am going to ba happy with some things and would go sad after cuz i just know that the idea that made me happy wont push through or happen =(

    #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha... I like to find new words that nobody has heard of! I know, we have to take the bad with the good but it would be nice for things to just work out for a change.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting word! I had no idea what it meant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great word choice! I do love the thought you put into your words and they're always so perfectly descriptive of your feelings/week. It is hard being optimistic all of the time, but then I tend to prefer it over pessimism! Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  7. First time I have heard that word, but I have felt a bit like that too I hope you have a better week this week #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, I really just find a simple word for how I feel and then look through a thesaurus to find a more interesting alternative. I'm really enjoying learning new words as I go!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...