Friday 14 March 2014

Word of the week - Motivated



This week has been pretty quiet (well compared to last week anyway) so its given me some time to think about things and make plans!

 As I mentioned in my Joys of Spring post the lighter evenings and warmer days make me feel motivated to do stuff. I want to do things around the house, learn new things and have a few plans for my blog too (watch this space)
Having ideas and dreams are good but unless you have the motivation and drive to carry them out then they just end up staying as dreams! Hopefully this feeling sticks around and I keep myself busy with all the plans I've made!

For your information the word Motivate dates back to 1885 and means to stimulate towards action. 

This post is linked up to #wotw over at The Reading Residence

The Reading Residence

3 comments:

  1. I love the history of words - thanks for adding information about motivate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I enjoy finding out where the words originate from too :)

      Delete
  2. Great word, and so very true. Dreams are one thing, but you need that motivation - long may it stay with you! Thanks for sharing with #WotW x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...