Sunday 16 March 2014

Lemon Drizzle Muffins


I  don't think there is a cake I don't like but one of my all time favourites is the lemon drizzle cake. I think its the sourness of the lemons mixed with the sweetness of the cake that makes it so moreish!

I had just made lemon drizzle cake a little while ago and I wanted to make some muffins so I thought why not combine the two? Not being much of a baker myself, I didn't feel confident to just make up my own recipe so I turned to good old google to find one for me.

The recipe I found which looked pretty simple to make was on the BBC food recipe website. The preparation time was less than 30 minutes and the cooking time was 35 minutes. The recipe said it would make 8 - 10 muffins but as I used cupcake cases I actually made 12.

Here is my batch before I added the lemon drizzle...


Here are the ingredients if you would like to make your own:

2 eggs beaten
85g caster sugar
240ml milk
100ml vegetable oil
300g plain flour
3tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
zest of 4 lemons

For the topping

50g icing sugar
juice of 1 lemon

My lemon had rather a lot of juice so the drizzle was very watery but I liked it like that, if you prefer it more like icing then just add less juice.


The muffins are very easy to make; just combine the egg, sugar, milk and oil in a large mixing bowl.
Sift in the flour, baking powder and salt.
Add the grated lemon zest
Spoon the mixture into pre prepared muffin cases.
Bake in a pre heated oven at gas mark 6/200C until risen and golden.
Make the lemon drizzle topping and pour over the muffins once they have cooled.
Sit back with a nice cup of tea and enjoy your home cooked deliciousness! 

And remember when life gives you lemons, bake lemon drizzle muffins...




2 comments:

  1. Oh my these look delicious!! I'm craving them so much now ha I love any kind of sweet with lemon in!

    Salted Roses // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were delicious! But gone too quick, I could do with another one right now ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...