Thursday 27 February 2014

50 books 2014 - February


Ups and downs

I have read quite a lot this month but as I've been working my way through quite a few different books I've only finished 3 in total, I'm pleased with that and confident about my target to read 50 in a year. I have taken back up my other hobby of cross stitching so was worried that this would impact on the amount of time I actually get to read but if I just do less cleaning in the house then I should have time to fit everything in!


I managed to finish part 2 of The hunger games and I am half way through book 3 as we speak. I do love this series of books and cant believe I didn't read them sooner! 
Catching fire follows the journey of Katniss Everdean who survived The first Hunger games however her victory has caused a rebellion to break out and the capitol have decided that someone must pay. I was quite surprised that another actual hunger games was featured in this book as it took a while to get to it, but to find out who must enter, you better get reading!


I saw this book in poundland and as a fan of  biographies and a fan of Amy Winehouse I thought it was a bargain and picked it up. 
Amy My Daughter is an intimate account of the tragic singers life from a young age and her dads relentless journey to save his daughter from the addictions that took over it. The story did get a bit repetitive but was very moving and the saddest part is that, as we all know there was never going to be a happy ending.


My daughter has had this book for quite a few years and I never thought to read it before but I'm glad I did.
It is the story of Shell, a teenager who is left to care for her younger siblings when her mother dies and her father descends into alcoholic mourning. Shell falls for the charms of her childhood friend Declan but when he leaves Ireland for the bright lights of America she is left to face the scandal that rocks her whole community.
This is a sad tale and if your of the emotional kind you may just shed a tear as I was pretty close but I only do happy tears!

So thats 7 books I've read in total this year, how about you?
I have joined up with Sarah at Ups & downs, smiles & frowns for the #50book2014 challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...