Wednesday 8 January 2014

Bucketlist update


Another year has passed all too quickly and makes me wonder where the time is going and how much has happened in that time. Well personally, I don't think much is happening and I think its about time that changed!

Some people don't like the idea of bucketlists, maybe they think its morbid and you should just live each day as it comes, but sometimes those days turn into weeks, the weeks into months and those into years and you find yourself in the same predicaments, just plodding along. Yeah that happens to us all, its called life! But isn't it nice to have something to look forward to, something you want to achieve... something to dream about!

I love the idea of challenging myself and there is nothing more satisfying than getting things done and being able to tick something off. You know the saying 'Dont put of for tomorrow, the things you can do today' (or something like that) well I think it was made for me because I'm constantly putting things off but then tomorrow never comes!!

I think its time to be proactive, I'm not going to wait for somebody to kick me up the bum. I've added quite a few things to my list and I'm determined to do them (if I don't tick off at least 5 this year then feel free to kick me up the bum!)

Here are a few things I have added:

Meet up with my first best friend- The reason I put this is because when I was at primary school I only had 1 good friend, we kind of only had each other! We were like the loners, you know the kids that were always picked last for PE. We both ended up going into care at age 11 and never saw each other again until FB was invented. It was nice to catch up and reminisce via messages and although we keep saying we will meet, it just never happens.

Get a degree- I kind of gave up the idea of ever going to university because it seems like its part of a process - school, college, university, job. And I just felt that I skipped that bit out! But when looking for college courses and the end of last year, it dawned on me that you are never to old to learn. We are constantly learning everyday so if I decide I want to get a degree in a few years or even when I'm 50 what is there to stop me?

Donate eggs- Last year I became reeeeally broody. I was due to have my implanon taken out of my arm as it had expired and I was really contemplating whether to have it replaced or to try for another baby. There were many reasons why I decided it would be best to have the implant replaced but it got me thinking about what it must be like to feel that way and not have the option of choosing if you want a baby or not. To feel that urge to become a mother and not be able to must be heartbreaking, so if I am able to, I would like to donate my eggs to somebody who cannot have children.

Here is what else is on my Bucketlist


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...